Thalian Association Youth Theatre Program
In 1979 Thalian Association Community Theatre established the Youth Theatre program dedicated to the enrichment of arts education for our community’s youth.
What we offer:
- • Five fully realized productions annually with auditions open to performers ages 7 through 18 or high school seniors
- • Productions aligned with the N.C. Essential Standards in Theater Arts & N.C. Common Core
- • Teacher Resources for Productions
- • Academy classes and workshops aligned with the National Standards for Arts Education
- • Opportunities for children and young people, to learn from professional artists & technicians who are leaders in their fields, onstage & behind the curtain
- • Academy Scholarships
- • Collaboration with other non-profit organizations and schools
- Every summer Creative Arts Camp at the Community Arts Center
• Special school performances from the Youth Theatre season for the NHC Title 1 Elementary and Middle Schools or schools with a stated need
• Sensory Friendly performances for children in NHCS Specially Designed Academics program
• Special performances at local festivals, civic club meetings, community organizations and schools
Why We Do What We Do:
Our goal is not success onstage but success in life! We are proud of our students and honored by our alumni.
Did You Know? 10 Reasons Arts Education is Beneficial to Childhood Development:
- Cultural Awareness
- Improved Academic Performance
- Motor Skills
- Visual Learning
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
Want to get more involved? Contact us today! 910-251-1788
Join us Onstage!
Be a Co-Producer for a Thalian Association Community Theatre Youth Production!
Grease – June 6-8; 13 & 15, 2014
David Loudermilk, Director