Thalian Association Youth Theatre Program
In 1979 Thalian Association Community Theatre established the Youth Theatre program dedicated to the enrichment of arts education for our community’s youth.
What we offer:
- • Five fully realized productions annually with auditions open to performers ages 7 through 18 or high school seniors
- • Productions aligned with the N.C. Essential Standards in Theater Arts & N.C. Common Core
- • Teacher Resources for Productions
- • Academy classes and workshops aligned with the National Standards for Arts Education
- • Opportunities for children and young people, to learn from professional artists & technicians who are leaders in their fields, onstage & behind the curtain
- • Academy Scholarships
- • Collaboration with other non-profit organizations and schools
- Every summer Creative Arts Camp at the Community Arts Center
• Special school performances from the Youth Theatre season for the NHC Title 1 Elementary and Middle Schools or schools with a stated need
• Sensory Friendly performances for children in NHCS Specially Designed Academics program
• Special performances at local festivals, civic club meetings, community organizations and schools
Why We Do What We Do:
We want to turn out great theatre artists but also great doctors, lawyers, bankers & teachers. By teaching volunteerism, civic engagement and character through annual Service Learning projects, we also develop collaborative & thoughtful members of our community. We are proud of our students and honored by our alumni.
Want to get more involved? Contact us today! 910-251-1788
Join us Onstage!
Be a Co-Producer for a Thalian Association Community Theatre Youth Production!
Grease – June 6-8; 13 & 15, 2014
David Loudermilk, Director