Thalian Association Seeks Community Arts Center Director/Operations Coordinator
The Thalian Association is seeking applicants for the position of Community Arts Center Director/Operations Coordinator for the Hannah Block Historic USO/Community Arts Center, a facility that we manage for the City of Wilmington. This is a professional position that handles all operations for the Community Arts Center and provides support for Thalian Association administrative needs. Resumes from applicants should be sent to Susan Habas, [email protected] and will be accepted until September 3, 2014. Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- A BA or BFA degree
- Good organizational skills and the ability to create projects and carry them to completion
- Experience planning and scheduling special events
- Bookkeeping, data entry, accounting
- Computer skills including but not limited to; MS Office Suite
- Ability to develop and coordinate summer camp program
- Experience with marketing and publicity including social media and e-newsletter distribution
- Superior customer service skills and experience working with the public
- Ability to successfully complete a criminal background screening.
The Thalian Association is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/ Equal Access Employer.
The CAC Director/ Operations Coordinator will handle a range of responsibilities including daily operations, marketing, human resources, accounting and general oversight of the HBHUSO/CAC. The CAC Director/Operations Coordinator also provides operational support for Thalian Association human resources, accounting, production and administrative needs.
The CAC Director is responsible for planning, organizing, supervising, and controlling all activities within the HBHUSO/CAC. The Director will manage all personnel, and is typically involved with the local community to promote the organization.
The CAC Director will be responsible for data entry, accounts payable, payroll, managing the HBHUSO/CAC HR, helping and creating organizational and program budgets in collaboration with the Executive Director and Artistic Director, and other misc. tasks.
Reporting to the Executive Director and serving as a member of the management team along with the Artistic Director to ensure organizational effectiveness. Working with the management team, the position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices. This position will also interact with the Board of Directors.